Baked Eggs in Canadian Bacon Cups
- 18 round slices Canadian bacon, 3 inches across
- 6 eggs
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Toast pieces to dip into the egg, optional
Makes 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray 6 large silicone muffins cups or a muffin pan with large cups with olive oil. (If using muffin cups, put them on a baking sheet so it’s easy to transfer in and out of the oven.) Arrange 3 slices of Canadian bacon in each muffin cup, overlapping so the whole cup is covered, and pressing down to shape it to the muffin cup. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove tray or muffin pan from the oven and carefully break an egg into each of the Canadian bacon cups. Season with a little salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Put back into oven and bake 14-16 minutes, or slightly more or less time depending on how done you prefer your eggs. (The ones in the photo were baked 15 minutes; next time I might do a minute less.)
- Serve hot, with toast strips to dip into the yolk if desired.