Caprese Baked Egg Cups.
- 4 or 8 eggs (depending on if you want 1 or 2)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 ounces mozzarella cheese, chopped (I used
- -marinated mozz from Trader Joe’s, hence the
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons cream or milk
- salt and pepper
- softened butter
Total Time: 30 min
makes 4 cups [2 x 3 1/2 in ramekins]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter each ramekin and fill with a few pieces of tomato, cheese and basil. Crack one or two eggs into each and season with salt and pepper, then add 1/2 teaspoon of cream to each egg to prevent them from drying .
- Add a few tomatoes, cheese and basil on top and set on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for about 5 minutes more [this resulted in slightly firm yolks for me, broil less if you them runny]. Watch carefully to determine how runny/firm you want your yolks. Serve hot with toasted, crusty bread.