Homemade Chocolate Caramel Cups
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup COLD salted caramel (you obviously can use
- homemade too)
- 12 mini muffin liners
makes about 12 mini cups
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Melt one cup of chocolate chips and spoon about a teaspoon of chocolate into each liner. Put in the freezer to set for 20 minutes. After 2 minutes, take the chocolate out.
- Make sure the caramel is very cold and has been refrigerated the entire time. Moving quickly, drop a spoonful of caramel on top of the chocolate. Put back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. After 30 minutes, melt the other cup of chocolate chips.
- Moving very quickly so the caramel doesn’t soften, remove muffin tray from fridge and spoon another teaspoon (or more) on top of the caramel, covering it. Bang the pan on the counter to even out the chocolate. Put back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Keep refrigerated.