Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups(Breakfast)
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- salt & pepper
Serves: 6 cups
“For the love of eggs, bacon and toast! You have to make these! Your friends and family will cheer declaring you awesomest person ever!”
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter the molds of the muffin pan.
- Trim the crust and the corners off the bread, making wonky looking circles. Using your fingers gently flatten the bread and shape into the muffin molds, set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay the bacon strips on it. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. You want them just slightly cooked and still pliable. While the bacon is cooling bake the toast cups in the oven for 5 minutes, just enough to lightly toast the cups.
- Shape the cooled bacon into the toast cups, with the meaty side out. Crack an egg into each cup. (I take out some of the white so not to overflow the cups, but that is up to you.)
- Lower the temperature of the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Bake the egg cup in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until the egg whites have set and the yolks are creamy.
- Run a knife along the edges and use a small spoon to pop them out. Enjoy!