BAKED OATMEAL CUPS (Breakfast)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup chai seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Optional toppings: blueberries, raisins, walnuts,
- chocolate chips, pomegranate seeds.
“There has been much discussion as to why some people get more servings than 18 and why I have not. I’ve discovered that it depends on whether you use paper liners or silicone liners. Using paper liners more batter can be filled into the cups, more like 1/3 cup each. Where as using the silicone, only 1/4 cup of the batter will be filled. Using the silicone liners you will get 24 servings. Using the paper you will only get 18. I’ve included the nutrition info for both below.”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, chai seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan cups. I used a 1/4 measuring cup, measure just a tad under 1/4 cup to make 12 servings.
- Add the toppings.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.