Chocolate Coffee Smoothies(Breakfast)
- 3 cups strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate hemp protein or other protein-
- -powder of choice
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pitted dried dates, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
“I really recommend using silicon muffin trays when making frozen smoothie cups. Because they are non-stick and you can bend and twist them, extracting the frozen contents is a breeze. If using metal, you may need to place the bottom of the tray in warm water for a few seconds.”
- Place coffee, bananas, protein powder, almonds, dates, extract and cinnamon and in a blender container. Turn blender onto its low setting and process for 20 seconds. Switch to the high setting and blend until dates and almonds are pulverized, about 1 minute.
- Divide mixture among 12 medium sized muffin cups. Place trays in the freezer and freeze until solid. Unmold coffee cups and store in the freezer in a zip-top bag.
- When it comes time to make a smoothie, simply place a couple of frozen coffee cups in a blender along with about 1 1/2 cups liquid (I use 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water) and blend until smooth. If your blender does not have a lot of power, you may want to carefully slice the frozen cups into halves or quarters before blending.