Granola Cups With Yogurt(Breakfast)
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cook rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or other oil of choice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
“The great thing about muffin tin granola cups and granola rounds is that you can pump them full of all sorts of healthy stuff like almonds, spices, dried fruit and hemp hearts. Indeed, nutritionally charged hemp hearts (a.k.a. hemp seeds) are a smart addition to any granola recipe. ”
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together oats, wheat germ, almonds, hemp seeds, cranberries, apricots, lemon zest, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg and stir in honey and oil. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until everything is moist.
- Divide mixture among 12 medium sized muffin cups. Using your fingers press into the center of each muffin cup and then work your way around the edges to form a granola bowl. It really helps to keep your fingers wet during this process.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Let cool several minutes before unmolding.
- In a bowl, stir together yogurt and vanilla extract. When ready to serve, add some yogurt to granola bowls and, if desired, top with fruit like raspberries. Make sure not to add the yogurt too long before serving or the granola cups will become somewhat soggy.