Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas(Main Dish)
- 3-4 Whole wheat wraps
- 1 (15 oz) Can pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Basil/oregano mix or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 48 Mini turkey pepperonis (or 12 whole turkey
- pepperonis each cut into 4 even pieces)
Prep: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: Makes 6
“I know this isn’t exactly a ‘traditional’ deep dish pizza, as the cheese and pepperoni are on top of the sauce, but I decided to give these little pizzas a ‘deep dish’ name because of the enormous amount of sauce and cheese packed into these little guys!
The crust for these hand-held pizzas are made from whole wheat wraps, which bake up nice and crispy, so they taste a lot like a thin crust! I added parmesan cheese and spices to the sauce, so every bite is bursting with cheesy flavor! You could add any toppings you’d traditionally have on your pizza to make them even more personalized!”
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap. I used the empty pizza sauce can, which worked well! Press firmly enough, using a rocking motion, until it cuts through the wrap.
- Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snuggly!
- Meanwhile, pour pizza sauce, parmesan cheese, and the spices into a medium sized bowl. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Drop about 1-2 tbs of sauce in each wrap, this really varies according to how much sauce you like!
- Divide mozzarella cheese evenly over each mini pizza.
- Place 4 mini pepperoni’s on top of each pizza.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Wait for pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Adapted from: https://dashingdish.com/recipe/mini-deep-dish-pizzas/