Mini Frittata Cups with Mascarpone and Prosciutto (Breakfast)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 3-4 slices prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded cheese (fontina,
- -Parmesan, mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: makes 6 frittata cups
“Muffin pans are great for cooking food other than muffins. To most folks, muffin tins may not seem like the most obvious kitchen tool to invest in, but there’s a whole world of possibilities! They’re great for freezing and saving for later, portion control or if you want to make mini versions of your food. My mini frittata cups was one of Wishful Chef’s most popular recipes of 2012 and the perfect breakfast or brunch dish to make the night before. You could even freeze and warm them up for breakfast in the morning”
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- To a bowl, add eggs, mascarpone, salt and pepper. Whisk until mascarpone has no more lumps and mixture is smooth. Mix in cheese, prosciutto and parsley.
- Add egg mixture to 6 muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until tops are puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately or cooled. Leftovers can be stored up to a week in the fridge and reheated.
adapted from: http://www.wishfulchef.com/mini-frittata-cups/