Mini Lasagna Cups(Main Dish)
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
“Miniature lasagna! I love the new mini food craze, especially the easy recipes that just require a muffin pan and a bit of creativity. They are great for portion control, or turning an ordinary dinner into a fun appetizer.”
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add the ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper to a large skillet set over medium to medium-high heat. Using a wooden spoon, break the turkey up into small crumbles and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the turkey has browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until fragrant. Add the tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon of the oregano, and the red pepper flakes, and stir to combine. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, the basil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Press 1 wonton wrapper into each well of the muffin pan – be sure to press them into the bottom and sides of the pan. Working with half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the wells of the pan evenly, pressing the ricotta into an even layer. Working with half of the tomato sauce, divide it among the wells of the pan, spreading in an even layer rather than mounding. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the mozzarella over the top of each mini lasagna. Press a second wonton wrapper onto each mini lasagna then repeat the process of layering using the second half of the ricotta mixture, the remaining half of the tomato sauce and finally two more teaspoons of the mozzarella per cup.
- Bake the mini lasagnas for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the muffin pan to a wire rack and let the mini lasagnas cool for a few minutes before removing them. Garnish with fresh basil before serving, if desired.
Adapted from: http://www.recipebyphoto.com/mini-lasagna-cups/