Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting(Main Dish)
For the Meatloaf Cupcakes:
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry-
- -with paper towel
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the Skinny Mashed Potato “Frosting”:
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 tbsp light butter
- kosher salt to taste
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 lb (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 cupcakes • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 240.7 • Fat: 8.5 g • Protein: 18.1 g • Carb: 24.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 4.2 g Sodium: 560.1 mg (without salt)
“What can be cuter than mini turkey meatloaves topped with skinny mashed potato “frosting”. A family friendly meal everyone will love (and no one will guess there are vegetables hiding in the meatloaf)!
If you plan on making them and eating them right away, have the mashed potatoes ready so when the meatloaf is cooked, you can top and eat! I piped them with a pastry bag, but cutting the corner off of a ziplock bag would work, or even using an ice cream scoop.”
- Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin pan with foil liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt. Place meatloaf mixture into muffin pans filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan and place onto a baking dish.
- Pipe the “frosting” onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.